Sunday, August 19, 2007
Get On Down With The Stepbrothers Of Soul!
I am excited to present Episode 20 of the podcast! When Rockin' Radio's Brian Phillips ("The Electrophonic Sound of Brian Phillips") invited me to record the new podcast at his home (and to avail myself of his superior recording software and hardware), I knew I wanted to collaborate with him, so in recording the show we had a great time playing records and having lots of discussions and laughs along the way.
The show deviates from the usual format, as Brian and I discuss the records as we play them, so to quote Bill Cosby, "be careful - you might learn something." The playlist is as follows:
1. Bill Moss - Sock It To 'Em, Soul Brother (instrumental) (clip)
2. Billy Preston - What About You?
3. Judy Green - I Can't Get Along Without You
4. Tony Mason - Scram
5. Larry O'Williams - That's My Girl
6. Wilmer & The Dukes - Give Me One More Chance
7. Carla Thomas - Separation
8. Jean Wells - Try Me And See
9. Little Sonny - The Creeper
10. Alvin Robinson - Fever
11. The Scott Brothers - Welcome Me
12. Leon Gardner - Who Are You?
13. Diamond Joe - Don't Set Me Back
14. Stevie Wonder - No Sono Un Angelo
15. The Ramada Singers - Stand Still Jordan
16. Mighty Sam - Good Humor Man
17. Jesse James - Thank You Darlin'
18. Ted Taylor - I Don't Care
19. Johnnie Morisette - I Know It Was Your Love
20. Sunny & The Sunliners - Hip Huggin' Mini
21. The Avons - Tell Me Baby (Who Would I Be)
Again, special thanks are in order to Brian for graciously inviting me to record at his home. If you haven't been listening to his show at Rockin' Radio (to get directly to it, click "Now Playing" on the site's main page and you can play the show from your web browser), make sure to get over there and check it out - it's outstanding!