Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get on Down #27!



The long-overdue Episode #27 of the podcast is now online! Here's the (diverse, somewhat early-'70s-heavy) playlist:

1. The Four Tops - Don't Let Him Take Your Love From Me
2. Jerry Butler - Can't Forget About You Baby
3. The Devonnes - (You'd Better) Straighten Up and Fly Right
4. Reggie Soul - I Got Jody
5. Ray Charles & Aretha Franklin - Coca-Cola Radio Ad
6. The Epsilons - The Echo
7. Hank Ballard - Slip Away
8. Clarence Reid - Winter Man
9. Judy Green - Come On Out of the Crowd
10. Moses Dillard & His Tex-Town Display - You Can't Laugh It Off
11. Luther Ingram - "My Honey and Me" Radio Ad
12. Sam & Dave - Knock It Out of the Park
13. Jimmy "Bo" Horne - Clean Up Man
14. Big Al Downing - Gimme Some Lovin'
15. Emanuel Laskey - Remember Me Always (Pt. 1)
16. Jimmy Hughes - Did You Forget
17. Booker T. & The MG's - McLemore Avenue Radio Ad
18. Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - What Can You Bring Me
19. The National Soul Review - Get Me Back on Time, Engine Number 9
20. Tommy Hunt - I Need a Woman of My Own
21. Luther Ingram - Looking for a New Love
22. Booker T. & The MG's - Steve's Stroll

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This show is fantastic! I thought nothing to top that jazzy groove of the Mary Lou Williams song but then you have to go an blow my mind with Jerry Butler doing I Can't Forget About You Baby. I know the song only from the Reggae/Soul version by Phyllis Dillon but now I love both versions! The only problem with this podcast is I wish it was weekly. Monthly is too long to wait for my soul fix. I'm so glad you do it! When I'm feeling crappy or whatever b/c I've been laid off or money's tight and waiting for my Bush check I can listen to Stepfather of Soul and get my GROOVE ON!!!! THANK YOU!!!