Sunday, June 28, 2009

Get on Down With the Stepbrothers of Soul!



After quite a hiatus, the "Get on Down ..." podcast is back, and joining the Stepfather of Soul is the Electro-Phonic Brian Phillips. The show was fun to do, despite having to address the recent passing of Koko Taylor and Michael Jackson. Here is the playlist:

1. Eloise Laws - You Made Me an Offer I Can't Refuse
2. Jimmy Hughes - Which Side of the Door
3. Mitty Collier - I Can't Lose
4. Tender Joe Richardson - The Choo Choo
5. Sir Arthur - Louie, Louie
6. Carla Thomas - Sweet Sensation
7. Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery
8. Vernon & Jewell - Just To Hold My Hand
9. Koko Taylor - Egg or the Hen
10. Top Hat & Little Jeff - Mississippi Bump
11. The O'Jays - That's Alright
12. The Olympics - Girl, You're My Kind of People
13. Jean Battle - When a Woman Loves a Man
14. The Ovations - Mr. River
15. Little Johnny Taylor & Ted Taylor - Cry It Out Baby
16. Theron & Darrell - I Was Made To Love Her
17. Ricky Allen - Can I Come Back Home
18. Van Preston & The Night Rockers - Who Done It
19. Otis Redding - Scratch My Back
20. The Jackson 5 - Big Boy

3 comments:

Todd Lucas said...

Guys, this one looks great! That Mitty Collier tune is an all-time favorite.

flo said...

thanks for the music

greenockian said...

Enjoyed the music very much. Thanks.