Friday, February 23, 2007

Here's #15!

Episode #15 of the podcast is now available in stereo and mono! Here's the (slightly more scattershot that usual) playlist:

1. James Brown & The Famous Flames - Shout and Shimmy
2. Marcell Strong - Trying to Make Up
3. Billy Joe Young - The Push
4. Carol Fran - I'm Gonna Try
5. Larry Williams & Johnny Watson - A Quitter Never Wins
6. Randolph Walker - Achin' All Over
7. The Stereos - Stereo Freeze
8. Otis Reddding - "Stay in School" PSA
9. Gwen Davis - My Man Don't Think I Know
10. Ray Bryant - Up Above the Rock
11. Marion Black - Who Knows
12. Deanie Parker & The Valadors - My Imaginary Guy
13. Josephine Taylor - What Is Love
14. The Rayons - I'm Giving Up Baby
15. Dori Grayson - Try Love
16. Carla Thomas - Coca-Cola Ad
17. Willie Parker - You Got Your Finger In My Eye
18. The Steelers - I'm Sorry
19. Steve Mancha - Just Keep On Lovin' Me
20. Earl King - Poor Sam
21. Curly Moore - Get Low Down (Pt. 1)
22. Roscoe Shelton - I Know Your Heart Has Been Broken
23. The Impressions - My Deceiving Heart
24. The Sons of Moses - Soul Symphony (closing theme)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Phillie_Girl said...

Where can I find separate mp3s of those Coca Cola commercial spots you put in the podcasts? I love those commercials!

Keep up the great work with the podcasts and blog. Thanks a lot.

The Stepfather of Soul said...

A friend of mine sent me some of them - there's a CD that came out some years ago of the rock, soul and pop Coke ads of the '60s and '70s. Some came from box sets featuring the artists. The "Soul Medallion" and Kool Cigarette ads I've used came from aircheck tapes. E-mail me privately and I'll send you the MP3s I have.

The Stepfather of Soul said...

Look over in the "Podcasts" section of the page; the show is listed there.