Friday, April 24, 2009

Get on Down With Lattimore Brown in New Orleans Monday!


The time has come, friends - on Monday, at Banks Street Bar in New Orleans, Sir Lattimore Brown will make his return to the stage after a 35-year absence, backed by the awesome Wiley & The Checkmates! Your ever-lovin' Stepfather of Soul will be there, and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to meet the man whose unlikely rediscovery and amazing life story came out of a kind nurse who Googled this blog. It'll also be awesome to meet my fellow soul blogger and Guardian honoree Red Kelly! It's going to be a soulful night, for sure, with Lattimore and Wiley putting it down on stage and WWOZ's Alski working it out on the "ones and twos"!

If you haven't already, get to Red's info page at Soul Detective to get more info about the show and the Banks Street Bar. If you're going to be in NOLA for Jazz Fest or for the Ponderosa Stomp (which I wish I had the time and money to attend as well), if you can spare the Monday night, come out and support Lattimore on this spectacular occasion! If you do, please drop by and say "hi!"

I'm off to New Orleans, with camera in tow - hopefully I'll have great pictures and stories to share on my return!

1 comment:

paulomi said...

Really! Sir Lattimore Brown is returning again on the stage? That's a great news. Thanks for putting up such an exciting information. I was dying for Stepfather of Soul. It's great. hey! recently I have come across a nice source of soul music, that is http://www.raresoulgrooves.com. The site is a cool place and is full of latest news of Soul and R&B music, biographies of the soul artists, both the predecessors and forerunners.