Monday, April 02, 2007

Back In The Saddle!



The Singing Southern Echos of Memphis, Tennessee - He Will Make a Way Somehow

Lots of things have prevented me from posting recently, but fortunately I've survived the storms. It's only appropriate, then, that I have some "Monday Gospel Time" in response! Today's selection came from the Singing Southern Echos [sic] of Memphis, Tennessee, whose Designer LP Somebody Touched Me is a highlight of the early discography of the legendary DIY gospel record label. This is a reworking of the gospel standard "The Lord Will Make a Way Somehow" that really hits the spot today. I'm glad to be back in the saddle!

(Thanks to John Glassburner for today's selection.)

1 comment:

Rob Whatman said...

Another gospel gem from Designer Records! I've been trying to compose a post about them for a few months, this has reminded me about it! Has John Glassburner been posting any others on Southern Soul Group recently?