Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Get on Down With Our First Anniversary!

Tomorrow will mark the one-year anniversary of the "Get on Down" blog and Thursday will be the one-year anniversary of the podcast! When I first created this Blogger site a couple of months prior to then, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do and I had to work out some technical issues. After I attended "Rhythm & Booze" for the first time in October 2005 I knew what I wanted to do, and so the blog and podcast started in earnest, with Rodge Martin's "Lovin' Machine" kicking things off. Since then, I have made 361 almost-daily posts (362, counting this one) and have featured 363 individual tunes. I have recorded eleven episodes of the podcast, memorial sets for Lou Rawls and Wilson Pickett, a "Mr. Big Stuff" set and the two-part "Rhythm & Booze" special, which add another 303 tunes to the total. And I'm adding one more tune (Leroy Hutson - Don't It Make You Feel Good) just to make the total 667 instead of 666!

If all goes well I plan to record the "Get on Down ..." anniversary special tonight and will have it online tomorrow. As I mentioned earlier, the podcast will feature tunes featured in prior posts that were deemed reader favorites and will pick a few favorites of my own! Look out for it!

It's been so much fun to do this blog and podcast and I thank all of you who have been so kind and helpful over this past year in this enterprise. Love to all of you ... let's get it on with Year #2 of "Get on Down With the Stepfather of Soul"!

4 comments:

Deezy said...

Thanks for all the music. I've enjoyed it. Keep it up, please!

Red Kelly said...

GET ON DOWN, STEPFATHER!!

CONGRATZ!

soundsource said...

just a simple thank you. i've only been coming here for about three months (really sorry i missed the previous nine) but the music, commentary and general good times it has given me deserves a big thank you and happy one year anniversary. hope you have many more.

Barry said...

Thanks Jason..enjoyed getting to know you and your music...and have used a few tracks on my Radio Show..


Barry
Soul-Brother

www.soulcellar.co.uk