Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Episode #3!

Here is the third episode of the podcast, this time featuring the sounds of early-70s soul (through 1974). This episode was actually very challenging to put together, because there were many stylistic choices to make! I think this playlist is pretty stylistically diverse, although admittedly it leans toward the Detroit and southern soul end of things. I'm checking out the playback and I now realize that my sinuses show up on the recording (haha). Anyhow, here it t-i-s!

1. Frederick Knight, "Throw the Switch"
2. Laura Lee, "If I'm Good Enough to Love (I'm Good Enough to Marry)"
3. The Vibrations, "Ain't No Greens In Harlem"
4. Millie Jackson, "Leftovers"
5. Curtis Mayfield, PSA Spot
6. Jimmy Lewis, "Stop Half Loving These Women"
7. The Impressions, "Finally Got Myself Together (I'm a Changed Man)"
8. Marva Whitney, "Don't Let Our Love Fade Away"
9. Calvin Arnold, "Satisfy My Woman"
10. The Explosions, "Garden of Four Trees"
11. The Co-Real Artists, "What About You (In the World Today)"
12. The Motivations, "I Love You"
13. Johnny Williams, "Slow Motion (Pt. 1)"
14. The Emotions, "Blind Alley"
15. Chuck Ray, "Reconsider"
16. Bobby Bland, "I Wouldn't Treat a Dog (The Way You Treated Me)"
17. Loleatta Holloway, "Rainbow '71"
18. Wilson Pickett, "Call My Name, I'll Be There"
19. J. Hines & The Fellows, "Victory Strut" (closing theme)

As always, the shared link will be available for 90 days, and the show is permanently archived in the links section on the right. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear your third podcast! I'm downloading now!