Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Get on Down ..." Anniversary Special!

Because of a lot of stuff going lately, I don't think I'm going to have time to put together a podcast for this month - for shame! - but I do want to get one up in time for the blog/podcast's first anniversary (November 3). What I would like to do is create an "Anniversary Special" which would feature reader favorites from the year of "Get on Down ..." posts. Of course, to feature reader favorites means that you have to let me know which tunes you would like to have featured. You can contact me either by commenting or by e-mail and by the end of the month I will have a playlist put together and will do a commemorative show. I would like to have all recommendations end by the end of this week (October 28). I look forward to your suggestions!

3 comments:

Rob Whatman said...

But there is SO much great stuff to choose from the past year!...
Ok, I will go for Joe Tex and Spill The Beans, Laura Lee I Need It Just As Bad As You or Good Enough To Marry, and anything by Charlie Whitehead.

Does that count as one choice? :)

Red Kelly said...

Be Black Baby - Grady Tate

da real thang, bro!

Thanks for ALL the great tunes!

-red

soulbrotha said...

Trouble by Dorothy Love Coates

signed,

Anonymous (HAHAHA yeah, right!)