Sunday, March 16, 2008

The "Rhythm & Booze" Get-Down! (Pt. 1)


Get on Down With the Stepfather of Soul! #26, Part One

"Rhythm & Booze" was a blast last night! There was a nice-sized crowd despite the weekend's tornado woes, and they were in the mood to have fun and dance! Tim, Kurt and I provided the music, and a good time was had by all! I was pleased with my two sets, so I thought I'd do a two-part, two-hour "Get on Down" extravaganza for this month's podcast! Here's Part One, which is comprised of the tunes I played in my first set. Enjoy!

1. B.B. King - Long Gone Baby
2. Bobby Moore's Rhythm Aces Featuring Chico - Go Ahead and Burn
3. Solomon Burke - Maggie's Farm
4. Tom & Jerrio - Boo-Ga-Loo
5. Little Eva Harris - Get Ready-Uptight
6. Wilmer & The Dukes - Get It
7. Billy Joe Young - The Push
8. Howlin' Wolf - Pop It to Me
9. Jeanne & The Darlings - How Can You Mistreat the One You Love
10. Lucille Mathis - I Don't Want to Go Through Life (Being a Fool)
11. Ray Charles - The Train
12. Jackie Paine - Go Go Train
13. Jackie Lee - Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide
14. Yvonne Fair - Just as Sure (As You Play, You Must Pay)
15. Etta James - You Got It
16. Otis Redding - Nobody's Fault But Mine
17. Spencer Wiggins - Double Lovin'
18. Larry Birdsong - Digging Your Potatoes
19. The Soul Partners - Walk on Judge
20. The Bar-Kays - Don't Do That
21. Andre Williams - Pearl Time
22. Andy Butler - Coming Apart at the Seams
23. Lucille Brown & Billy Clark - Both Eyes Open

Make sure to also check out Part Two!

No comments: