Sunday, March 16, 2008

The "Rhythm & Booze" Get-Down! (Pt. 2)


Get on Down With the Stepfather of Soul! #26, Part Two

Here's Part Two of the new podcast, as discussed in Part One's post. Enjoy!

1. Leah Dawson - My Mechanical Man
2. Groundhog - Take It Off
3. Mighty Joe Young - Suffering Soul
4. Roscoe Robinson - Oo Wee Baby I Love You
5. Jimmy Lewis - I'm Stepping Out
6. Maurice & Mac - Lay It on Me
7. Paul Flagg - Love Get Off My Shoulders
8. Bobby Powell - Thank You
9. Ralph Jackson - Don't Tear Yourself Down
10. Ann Robinson - You Did It
11. Betty Harris - Mean Man
12. Luther Ingram - Since You Don't Want Me
13. Billy Young - Too Much
14. Koko Taylor - Fire
15. The Olympics - Baby, Do the Philly Dog
16. B.B. King - Get Myself Somebody
17. Rodge Martin - Lovin' Machine
18. Little Richard - She's Together
19. Jimmy Holiday - I've Been Done Wrong
20. Harmonica George - Get in the Kitchen and Burn
21. Harmon Bethea - She's My Meat
22. Tiny Watkins - Way Across Town
23. Carol Fran - I'm Gonna Try
24. Hoagy Lands - Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand
25. Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
26. Polka Dot Slim - A Thing You Gotta Face
27. Alvin Cash - Keep on Dancing
28. Cliff Nobles & Co. - Switch It On

Special thanks to Tim Lawrence, who has made "Rhythm & Booze" the event for vintage soul in Atlanta, for letting me join in on the fun at the turntables! Tim has launched a new venture, "Down in the Basement," at which he holds residence at Atlanta's Highland Ballroom spinning not only R&B but also garage rock; I wish him nothing but the best with that venture!

No comments: