Sunday, August 12, 2007

Holding Up The Rear on Vinyl Record Day

I am now in the process of writing my post for Vinyl Record Day and preparing audio to include with it. It is indeed the fact that I am the last participant in the blogswarm to write up a post, but I hope to do Vinyl Record Day proud with my post. In the meantime, however, here are those who beat me to the finish line last night:

*At Retro-Remixes, the love of the remix came about in 1985, with a readily-recognizable star leading the way;

*Charlie talks about Nipper, the dog on the RCA logo, and how A Child's Introduction to the Orchestra started him on his quest to enjoy music; and

*Colin Dilnot was inspired to post three random records in addition to his earlier post at In Dangerous Rhythm, and then to post three more.

Bear with me, folks - I'm working away at mine!

Although I saw this after I completed my VRD post, I thought this article, although not directly related to VRD, was of merit: here's a piece from WFMU Blog on LiveJournal about the HBR label (Hanna-Barbera's music arm), which I discussed briefly in my post about Earl Gaines a few weeks ago.

No comments: