Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bobby, Kip, and "Get on Down" #21




Episode #21 of the podcast is now available! As promised, I've featured a fair amount of Bobby Byrd and Kip Anderson tracks to celebrate the legacy of both men, who have passed away since the last show. There were a lot of hard choices to make as to which tunes by each to feature, but as the playlist took shape I decided to take both on a fairly downtempo tack, although some of the better-known uptempo sides by each are included. Enjoy!

1. Bobby Byrd - Keep on Doin' What You're Doin'
2. Shirley Brown - I Ain't Gonna Tell (Nobody)
3. Simtec & Wylie - Put an Extra Plus to Your Love
4. Leroy Randolph - Good to the Last Drop
5. Kip Anderson - A Knife and a Fork
6. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Two Can Have a Party
7. Bobby Byrd - It's I Who Love You (Not Him Anymore)
8. Bobby Byrd - "Fight Against Drug Abuse" PSA
9. Kip Anderson - Without a Woman
10. Jimmy Jones - Yesterday's Mistakes
11. The Epsilons - The Echo
12. Margie Hendrix - Don't Destroy Me
13. Freddie Waters - I Wish For a Miracle
14. Bobby Byrd - Sayin' It and Doin' It Are Two Different Things
15. Shaft Radio Ad
16. Fred Hughes - Baby Boy
17. O.V. Wright - Ace of Spades
18. Hermon Hitson - Yes You Did
19. Kip Anderson - That's All I Can Do
20. Bobby Byrd - I'll Lose My Mind
21. Ike & Tina Turner - Too Many Ties That Bind
22. Kip Anderson - I Went Off and Cried
23. Jr. Walker & The All-Stars - Sweet Soul

2 comments:

thisistomorrow said...

hi there jason... great show/podcast as always...
1 hour of wonderful soul music... i'm already looking forwrard to the next one... keep up the good work... mike

soulsisterann said...

I just think you have the greatest
classic soul podcast on the web.
I have you listed on my blog and
post a podcast every now and then
to my big.